Though a lot of us become thrilled for the winter to end and for the new season to blossom and bloom, springtime could be dreadful for those people who suffer from allergies. The heightened amount of pollen can’t just be sensed but also visible in the form of yellow specks of dust in our properties and on our vehicles. Below are a few beneficial cleaning hacks and tricks if you happen to suffer from any sort of allergy, which could aid in alleviating symptoms during this time of the year:
In the kitchen
- Sanitize garbage cans, counter dish racks, and light switch plates.
- Clean out and wipe the surfaces of your refrigerator to prevent mold from developing.
- Every week, make sure to wipe down appliances, backsplashes, and cabinet.
- Mop the floor every week.
- Store food, such as pet food, in covered containers to prevent extra moisture, which could result in mold.
- Guarantee that your garbage can’s lid is insect-proof.
- Empty your trash and waste every day.
- Use an exhaust fan every time you cook. It will reduce moisture and eliminate cooking fumes.
In your living area
- Control mice, flies, ants, and cockroaches using traps or you can employ an expert exterminator.
- Sanitize and clean the air ducts of your HVAC systems.
- Bathe your pets at least twice every month to reduce allergens that they might get into your property.
- Dust books and knickknacks every week.
- Change the filters of your HVAC system every month.
- Seasonally wash blinds and curtains.
- Consider having your carpets cleaned by the experts every season or you can just vacuum them every week.
- Wash your sheets using hot water every week.
In the bathroom
- Inspect your shower mats and shower curtains for mildew and mold.
- Think about towel drying the shower enclosure and the tub after using it daily.
- Wash bath mats and area rugs often.
- Utilize an exhaust fan always once you bathe and shower to stop additional moisture and prevent mold to develop.
In the basement
- Once your laundry is found in your basement, guarantee that your dryer is vented properly to the outdoors.
- Think about covering crawl spaces that have a plastic vapor barrier.
- Set up a dehumidifier in your basement to minimize dampness and make sure to use it frequently.
- Eliminate any items with mold immediately
- Wear gloves and a mask as you clean your basement all the time to minimize your exposure to pollen, mildew, mold, and dust.
That’s it. These items listed above are some of the effective cleaning tips that are perfect for individuals who have triggering allergies. Such items can actually aid in reducing the symptoms that can be caused during this time of the year. If you happen to be too busy to execute all of these tips, you can always opt to hire an expert from house cleaning services Cheyenne WY. Our company aims to improve the indoor air quality of your business or home. Contact us now if you need some assistance when it comes to cleaning.